Monday, May 17, 2010

The Oath of the Khudai Khidmatgar

I am a Servant of God, and as God needs no service, serving His creation is serving Him,

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I promise to serve humanity in the name of God.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I promise to refrain from violence and from taking revenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I promise to forgive those who oppress me or treat me with cruelty.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I promise to refrain from taking part in feuds and quarrels and from creating enmity.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I promise to treat every Pasthun as my brother and friend.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I promise to refrain from antisocial customs and practices.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I promise to live a simple life, to practice virtue, and to refrain from evil.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I promise to practice good manners and good behavior and not to lead a life of idleness.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I promise to devote at least two hours a day to social work.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I put forth my name in honesty and truthfulness to become a true Servant of God.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I will sacrifice my wealth, life, and comfort for the liberty of my nation and people.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I will never be a party to factions, hatred, or jealousies with my people; and will side with the oppressed against the oppressor.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I will not become a member of any other rival organization, nor will I stand in an army.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I will faithfully obey all legitimate orders of all my officers all the time.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I will live in accordance with the principles of nonviolence.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I will serve all God's creatures alike; and my object shall be the attainment of the freedom of my country and my religion.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I will always see to it that I do what is right and good.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I will never desire any reward whatever for my service.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

All my efforts shall be to please God, and not for any show or gain.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hostgator Discount Code